Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reflections

Through the creation of this blog and my posts, I have not only realized the different issues there are in the current media world of publishing and design but also acquired understanding and skills of a blogger.

For one, I was able to practise the use of multimodality and other theories of publication and design in creating and updating this blog. Writing texts and changing its typography, inserting the relevant images and creating proper subject titles for salience as according to Kress and van Leeuwen, the art of connection and disconnection with framing and several others.

In blogging my posts, I realized that as a blogger, though given the freedom, we also hold the power to use it wisely. Our content and images should be sensitive to other people's beliefs and thoughts. The way we put our words should also be tactful lest I create any copyright infringement or worse, get a defamation suit against me.

The world of publishing and design, as is the World Wide Web, is truly big and thus, sometimes the little things in them may not get noticed. From the discussions and review present here, I have realized how great and wide this world really is.

No comments: